Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Snowy Run

My first run of the week was not what I was hoping for. The winter in Columbus, OH has been pretty brutal this year in terms of cold and snowfall. But, I'm just happy to be running outdoors!


Some good things about this run:
1. It's always makes things interesting to run in different weather conditions. I may not be able to reach my goal pace, but I will get my mileage in, and that's what counts most to me.
2. I got to wear my new Brooks ID singlet, although it was on top of my long sleeve layers.

3. I feel like I got a really good quad workout as part of this run. Trying to maintain your footing with the slipping of the snow beneath your feet makes for a good workout!

Just so you know, I absolutely refuse to run on a treadmill: 1) I hate going to gyms 2) I don't have one at home 3) I only run outdoors.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that *IS* a lot of snow!! I like your rules about treadmills haha.

    ReplyDelete