Monday, March 15, 2010

Last Training Week Before Taper

Last week ended up being a good week of running. I ended up with 66 miles of which 44 were done on Saturday and Sunday. I really think the long weekend running is going to pay off in my April race (at least that's what I've read). If nothing else, it has definitely been preparing me to run on tired legs and run through points where I want to stop mentally. This occurred again yesterday. I wanted to stop at mile 3, but pushed on for another 10 miles. It's a difficult mental challenge, but I would feel much worse if I quit and went home.

This week I have 60 miles planned with my last long run of this training cycle on Saturday. The long run is 40 miles. I'm adjusting my early week runs based on this and running a few short runs instead of the normal two 10 to 12 mile weekday runs.

So the plan for this week is:


If I maintain this plan, this will be a personal best for a monthly total miles. I have never run over 210 miles in a month, so 248 will be an accomplishment in itself.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you run the amount of miles you do. There's a almost 60 year old guy in the running club i'm in who ONLY does marathons/ultras. It's amazing the stories he tells. Best of luck w/ yout upcoming race!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! This week hasn't gone quite as planned. But, I'm still on track to complete at least 60 miles as long as Saturday and Sunday go as planned.

    ReplyDelete