Notables about June 2010 training:
- New single month mileage high: 279 miles (topped May 2010 by 1 whole mile!)
- Eight straight month of 200+ miles per month
- Continued with ab/core/lower back routine. 2 days on, 1 day off.
- Continued with my nutrition log.
- Have done really well in my strength training. Significant improvements in upper body strength.
- Added in treadmill training runs at 15% incline to help with hill training
- Training hardly followed my original schedule. Main reason was because of infected skin around some of my blisters post-North Face Endurance Challenge. This cost me a weekend of running and also prevented me from reaching my 300 mile month goal:
Plans for July include:
- Improve on my 50 mile race finish time with a new PR at Headlands 50 on July 17, 2010.
- Continue trail running and hill training
- Maintain high mileage month to prep fourth 50 mile race TBD
- Continue to review 100 mile races for Fall, 2010